Building Websites, part 3

What goes on your website? Here’s a simple checklist.

• State your purpose
Kind of like a mission statement. You want to state definitively why the heck you’re putting up a website. Most people combine it with their welcome message.

• Have an easy to read site map
Each link should work.

• Content is critical
What are you offering that will bring people back on a regular basis?

Consider some of these options (in no particular order of importance).
- articles
- contests
- e-books
- newsletters
- resource links
- interviews
- games
- excerpts of your work
- freebies
- your bio
- your book signings or events
- links to all your books or products

• Contact info
This one’s not negotiable. Always make sure people can reach you.

*****
Which reminds me…my old email server is gone. If you wrote me on the old email address and you haven’t gotten an answer from me---that’s why.

*****
Happy Friday, the 13th, everyone!
I'm gonna go break a mirror.

Comments