Saving for the future

Time Management: LOL. Now I know I’ve reached critical mass. I had to remove myself from one of my writing forums in order to make room for the coaching group. The forum is a nice chatty place but fresh information is sporadic. Two of my friends still visit there so they’ll let me know if anything interesting comes up.

Me Update: Looks like I’m grounded through all of April. This is the second abdominal surgery I’ve had in my life. The first one (27 years ago) was a quicker recovery but I think it was more painful. Medicine must have come up with some good pain-killers over the years. Either that or I’m less of a wuss today.

All in all, I think I’m recovering well. Not that I had a choice. Greg has been watching me like a hawk. I can’t get away with anything.

Taxes: Taxes are done. Another fiscal year behind us. In the US, they had an interesting section for Hobbies. If your hobby costs you more than 2% of your adjusted gross income you could deduct it from your taxes. I don't spend that much on any five hobbies. But it's something to look into if you happen to have those kinds of expenses. This was the first time I've ever noticed this deduction.

As for writing expenses, I keep my receipts and invoices separately from the household so they'll be easier to track. It's a good practice even if you don't have deductions for your writing yet. It won't hurt and it'll give you an idea of what money is coming in and going out.

Here are a few good links for saving money. I’m proud to say that I followed these tips religiously over the years and they do work.

50 ways to save money
7 radical ways to save money
Cheapskate Training Center
Dollar Stretcher

Comments