https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, May 3, 2007

Career Coaching Group

I've mentioned before that I belong to a career coaching group. Basically we are a group of writers who share information, motivate and support each other as we find our way in the publishing world.

Now that the core group is stable and the forum is running smoothly we are looking into expanding our circle. Our CC goddess in residence proposed that we invite individuals on a one to one basis. There are lots of people I'd like to invite. And that's my problem. I can't decide who to ask first.

So if I know you, and you're interested, let me know and I will fill you in on the specifics of CC. Like any networking opportunity, you are expected to contribute your knowledge and/or expertise to the group.

We are still a pretty young group but we are proactive and serious about publication. I should also mention that the core group has an abundance of romance and mystery writers, but I think we also have some fantasy people and maybe some YA.

If I do invite you, it will not mean you will be in my group. You may be placed elsewhere, after the moderator has considered your bio. But we can all meet in the common room of the forum too, so it's not like we'll never "see" each other.

By the way, this is not a critiquing circle, though you may negotiate that on the side with one of your team if you want. Career Coach deals specifically with networking and encouraging one another. If you're interested, email me privately.

Da salt mine: Today will be my first day back to work. I am dreading the mountain of email waiting for me. eek!

0 comments: