Double Yay!

My bad luck is melting away like a half-remembered nightmare. The drugs still make me sick, but at least my arm feels better.

Got a nice check from Travelers Tales. That's always good for the ego, and the pocketbook. And I was asked for more pages for True Believers. Yay! Feedback has been good, even when they were rejections, so I know I'm on the right track.

Recently, I revamped the opening to the novel and gave it to a voracious reader who was a non-writer. She wowed me with her reaction because it was exactly what I was going for. It was a huge shot in the arm that made me feel like I might know what I'm doing
---sometimes. LOL

Anyway, things are getting better. It's a holiday weekend so I have more time around the house. I'm also taking Tuesday off so I can keep the air conditioning guy company. My car is in the shop and I should get it back next week. The only thing left is fixing the big hole in my ceiling and I already have my estimate for that. It's just a matter of scheduling now.

Things are getting back to normal. Double Yay!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You got asked for MORE pages? That's fantastic!

daw
Maria Zannini said…
LOL! What were they thinking?