Cheap Trick Ergonomics

I have a terrible time with carpal tunnel. I limit my computer time when I can and do all those crazy therapy exercises to keep my arm from seizing up on me.

For a while I shopped for just the right pad to cushion my arm as I surf the net. Nothing worked --which aggravates me all the more because I spent a lot of money on that stuff. Then one day I had a brainstorm. I noticed how cushy those Beanie Babies were and thought they would make a nice arm rest.

The next time I went to a garage sale I found a good sized stuffed animal filled with those beanie beads and bought it for 50 cents. I've been using it ever since and it's been fairly comfortable. The only problem I have with it is the material is a nylon and it can get kind of warm if your arm rests on it too long. But so far it hasn't been that much of an inconvenience. If I ever get industrious (yeah, right) I can cover it with a cotton fiber.

Hope this idea helps someone else.

Comments