https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Apple iPhone

I am the least techie person you'll ever meet. I had to be dragged into the 21st century and I didn't go quietly.

I've never understood why I put up such a fuss. It's not that I don't assimilate techy stuff once someone sits down to show me the steps. It's just an innate desire to keep the machine from owning mankind. (I think I was scared by a toaster as a child.)

-sigh- Once again, the machine has won and I'm not even going to put up a fight. One of my employees bought himself an Apple iPhone. That is one SWEET piece of technology. I will admit that I thought all the ads on the iPhone were full of hooey and CGI.

In all my days, (and I've been privileged to play with a lot of technology) I have never come across anything so intuitive or so brilliantly navigable. The more I saw, the more I drooled.

Alas, it is way beyond my comfort range for spending. But if it ever comes down in price, I would buy one in a heartbeat. It is that cool.

You name it, this thing could do it. But what is even more important is the ease of moving from one screen to the next.

The ads don't lie, folks. I was the first to denigrate them, but I am now eating crow. I've heard tell that Apple gave each of its employees an iPhone. ---very sweet!

Other Stuff: I must be a magnet for long lost friends. I've reconnected with two people I hadn't spoken to in years. That's kind of cool. I hope to meet with one of them next Monday. We have a lot to catch up on.

I am babysitting Melina's dog, while Mel is visiting her mom in Brazil. Princess is beginning to see my place as her second home. She's a good kid. More importantly, she's learned how to be a QUIET dog. Me likes.

Daw is back from her Taos Writing Workshop. If you want to read up on her experience, go here. I so wanted to go to that workshop, but I suffer from altitude sickness past 8,000 feet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Taos Toolbox workshop was utterly fantastic. Walter Jon Williams and Connie Willis are both fantastic teachers and George R. R. Martin was a guest speaker, all in a lodge in the mountains. What could be better?

daw

Maria Zannini said...

I'm anxious to see what differences you'll find in your future writing.
-maria