https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Markets

Let's do markets today. More on conference workshops later in the week.

Funny-but-True Anthology Submission Guidelines
Short, funny, true stories recounting the "misadventures" from weddings/honeymoons, pregnancy/childbirth, or the baby/toddler years for an upcoming series of anthologies to be published in book form by Meadowbrook Press.

Word Length: Up to 800 words.

Payment:
$50 for 100 words or less
$75 for 101-250 words
$100 for 251-500 words
$125 for 501-800 words.

I gotta send my honeymoon story. I can't make this stuff up.


Darker Matter
Darker Matter is an online science fiction magazine that publishes science fiction stories.
Word length: 500 to 4,000 words.
Payment: 5-10 cents per word.

Dark Wisdom
Word Length: 5,000 words or less. We also consider "flash" fiction and short shorts.
Rights: First North American Publication Rights.
Payment: 5 cents (U.S.) per word. One contributor's copy is included as well.

Koala Books (Australia)
Koala Books publishes children’s books suitable for 0-12. Emphasis is on children’s picture books and novelty lift-the-flap books. Koala publishes over 70 new titles a year.

My friend Robyn keeps nudging me to rebuild my illustration portfolio. When I saw this, I felt like she was elbowing me again. LOL. The guilt is killin' me.

Just Labs
"Just Labs" is for owners of Labrador Retrievers. They want articles on aspects of their Labs and family life. New writers are welcome.

Pays on publication. $300-$400 for articles of 1000-1800 words.


This one's coming up fast.
Haiku Contest
Deadline: July 27, 2007
Genre: Poetry
Prize: $100

0 comments: