https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Authors and Updates

Well let's see. It's been a busy weekend writing-wise. I am adding a little more to the fantasy novel to round it out more. That will be sent out soon.

True Believers, the SF novel, is going through minor revisions too. I was asked if I could add more depth to the final battle.

Greg to the rescue. He's been looking it over and giving me tactical information on how the US and other world powers "should" respond in case of an alien attack. I trust him implicitly on these things. In all the wars and skirmishes around the world in the last 30 years, he has had an uncanny ability to guess what the combatants will do next. He even predicted the exact hour the US would strike Iraq back in the first war. Now that's good.

Right now though, I am more excited about the fantasy. I really like it and my brain is anxious to start on the sequel. I have a rough outline already drawn out. Still working on creating a worthwhile conflict to tie the whole thing together, but the bones look pretty juicy. If I plan this right, I might be able to drive this towards a trilogy.

I have to confess I have been wanting to write a time travel story ever since I got interested in writing. The only thing that stopped me was that I was unable to come up with a unique time travel device that hadn't already been exploited. As I was writing Touch of Fire, the characters themselves told me about my time travel machine. Guess I just had to let my subconscious work it out on its own.

*****

I spoke to Joshua Palmatier, an OWW member, over the weekend. He's got a 3 book deal with DAW--and more on the way it seems. The Skewed Throne is out right now, The Cracked Throne comes out in November and The Vacant Throne comes out in 2008. Joshua's been busy. Check out his website and read the excerpts.

*****

And don't forget Maya Reynold's program on query writing TONIGHT! If you are within driving distance of north Texas, don't miss this interactive program. It will be worth the trip.

Maya has told our Yahoo group that she will work with volunteers who want to bring their queries up for review during the program.

Here's the meeting information again.

Monday, 20 August 2007
7-8:30 p.m.
Speaker: Maya Reynolds, Penguin Author
Topic: Query Letters
Richardson Public Library
900 Civic Center Dr.Richardson TX 75080
Basement Room

Maya Reynolds tells all in "The Dos and Don'ts of Query Letters: The Things I Did Right and the Things I Did Wrong on the Way To Getting An Agent and Contract."

0 comments: