Looky-Lous

We looked at property today. This time we went south, about an hour out of Dallas.

There were some good prospects. What we'd like is something a little rural, but close enough to a major city in case we needed an excellent hospital ---or an excellent margarita.

One piece of property already had the perfect house, but not enough land. We both agreed that since people were building so close to one another that we'd try to buy more land than we needed in order to create a natural buffer. This way too, it becomes investment property if (or when) we become too feeble to take care of it and we need to be imprisoned in an old folks home.

We're still very much in the early browsing period, but it's more commitment than I've ever gotten from Greg so I am taking advantage of it while he's game.

Going back to the land may very well limit my writing time, but I have to admit, it's one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had and I'd look forward to going back to that lifestyle. I love growing food and animals. There's a humbling connection that makes you really grateful for this thing we call life.

Comments