https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, September 21, 2007

Markets

My redesigned website is up. I'm still missing a few archived links but the rest should work. Dreamweaver gives me such a headache, but I'm too much of a mule-head not to want to do it on my own.

Any-hoo, it's up. Go and take a look. www.mariazannini.com

What do you think of the new color scheme?

*****

I've been lax in putting up markets with all the irons I've had in the fire lately, so let's do some today.


Only one UK Market this time.

BBC Wildlife Magazine

Pay: varies

If you've got a story that our readers simply can't miss, that is new, topical, relevant, innovative and never previously covered in BBC Wildlife Magazine, please submit a brief outline of the story (no more than 100 words), preferably by e-mail.

*****

US Markets

The Bible Advocate

Pay: $20 - $55One of the oldest religious magazines in America, founded in 1863. Now What? (formerly Bible Advocate Online) has been on the Internet since late 1996. Both are published by the Bible Advocate Press, the publication agency of the General Conference of the Church of God (Seventh Day). Now What? is monthly; the print version is published ten times a year.


2007 Zoetrope: All-Story Short Fiction Contest

Deadline: October 1st, 2007Prizes: The first-place prize is $1,000, second-place prize is $500, and third-place prize is $250.

Literary Agencies: The winner and seven finalists will be considered for representation by the William Morris Agency, ICM, Regal Literary, the Elaine Markson Literary Agency, Inkwell Management, Sterling Lord Literistic, and the Georges Borchardt Literary Agency.

Deadline: All entries must be postmarked by October 1, 2007.

The winners and finalists will be announced at the website December 1, 2007, and in the Spring 2008 issue of Zoetrope



The Elders Tribune Contest

Fee: None

Author of winning article must be 65 years of age or older to win. Anyone else can participate for fun. The article must be original and 500 words or more. Any topic acceptable.

Deadline: September 30, 2007.
Prize: $100 Amazon.com gift certificate.



The MuseItUp Annual Writing Contest

The MuseItUp Club is hosting its annual fiction writing contest.
Registration Deadline: October 6, 2007.

Deadline for contest submissions: November 15, 2007.

Winners will be announced and published in the MuseItUp website and other affiliated sites on January 8, 2008. Winners will be notified beforehand. Prizes given via Paypal.

No more than 2,000 word count.

All entrants will receive the PDF guidelines along with the theme of the contest once their registration has been made. The catch: your ending NEEDS to throw us for a loop, something we weren’t expecting. Give us that WOW factor, pull us into the story thinking it’s going one way then surprise us at the end.

First Prize: $100
Second Prize: $50
Third Prize: $25



Nossa Morte

Horror, thriller stories of 500-5,000 words. Especially looking for darker stories. New writers welcome. Pays $20 minimum and $40 maximum.

2 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

Ooooo, I really like the graduations of colour, Maria. And even though my own site resembles a dog's breakfast (and I love it to bits), I really really like the minimalist slant of yours. I just wish it was something I could pull off myself.

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Kaz, and welcome!

Since I was adding genres, the old planetary motif wasn't working anymore. I redesigned it with the concept of keeping it exciting and sophisticated, yet broad enough to cover more than one genre.

PS I love your site! I think it rocks. Every time I go there, I find something I didn't notice before. It's liking mining for gold.