https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Mini Movie Reviews

At the Movies: Enchanted

Enchanted was great! A very cute movie touching on everything you ever remembered about fairytales. It was a wonderful feel-good movie for the whole family. So refreshing. There were several laugh out loud moments and you just breathe this sigh of contentment at the end.

This was much better than Stardust in my opinion. Stardust was clever in spots, but it tried too hard overall. Enchanted was fresh, clever and remarkably logical. Highly recommended.

Rented: Transformers and Ratatouille

Transformers: SF Fantasy best suited for pre-teen boys. You can't look at this movie too closely. The plot holes are big enough to fly an airplane through it. The special effects were fluid and convincing though.

Ratatouille: Slow, predictable--but killer animation. Those artists are gods! The subtle details were awesome. Disney really does its homework. Aside from the weak story, artists might like to have this movie in the video library for reference alone.

4 comments:

Heather B. Moore said...

Hey, I thought Enchanted was very cute too. And funny. A 60+ couple was sitting next to us, and they laughed all the way through it. So it's definitely for all ages.

I also liked Ratatouille because it was quite original.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Anonymous said...

I'd heard good things about "Enchanted." I'll have to see if I can get Mr daw to go.

Maria Zannini said...

I did like Rat, but I thought the story could have started much later. I couldn't take my eyes off it though. It was so rich in detail.

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, Daw, You can even go without him. I really thought it was wonderful.

It's so good, I expect I will be adding it to my library when it comes out on dvd.