Thanksgiving 2007

In the US we celebrate Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday in November. A time for feasting, visiting and remembering our friends and family.

I am by nature a very grateful person. My parents taught us to be grateful for the good things in our lives, but even more so for the bad things, because obstacles are what make us stronger.

So today, I am thankful for my parents and their valuable lessons, my sisters and brothers who keep the family whole, and for Greg who keeps me whole. I'm grateful for my mutant dogs who remind me that all creatures are precious.

My friends, those I see regularly and those I've never met in the flesh have a special place in my heart. I don't make friends flippantly. My friendships are cut in stone, and I treasure each person for including me in their lives because I know a true friend is a gift.

My crit partners, who are also my friends, hold an even more cherished position. They catch my writing flaws and selflessly slap the silly out of me to make me a better writer. Because of you, I have a contract this year.

Whether it's a holiday you celebrate in your country or not, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving. If you read this blog, consider yourself welcome and appreciated.

Comments