https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Coming in for a Landing

Holy moley, the world is finally spinning at a normal speed. I've barely had time to check my mail, let alone offer a suitable blog post.

I had a mountain of things that needed to get done before December 20. I've whittled it down to two little items on the to-do list. Piece of cake.

For the life of me, I'm not sure how I got it all done. But I'm a very stable pony. There's not a lot that flusters me if left to my own devices.

*****

I am gearing up for another newsletter run. My counterpart for the OWW newsletter has been stupendous in forwarding me announcements. She's been a huge help and I have a little shrine set up with flowers and wine in her honor.

The other newsletter is entirely my own effort, but I do have a few trusty people I can rely on for articles and information. My network works surprisingly well and everyone plays nice. --Big sigh of relief.

*****

That WOW! article has brought me a lot of new visitors. Welcome! Hope you'll keep coming back.

WOW! was such a good experience, I might query them with something else. I like everything about that ezine. They are really very polished and professional.

*****

I've spent a considerable amount of time in the last couple of weeks working up a marketing plan for TOUCH OF FIRE, as well as future books too. I promise to do a few in depth posts on marketing and business plans in the future. I know several readers of this blog do have published books so maybe we can brainstorm some ideas.

Tomorrow, I will talk about query letters.

See you then!

3 comments:

Aelle said...

I'm another one of those from WOW who followed your link. I see you live in North Texas. I've just moved here from OKC. Any suggestions on writing groups?

Maria Zannini said...

Hi aelle!
Boy, have I got a group for you. While the main group meets and holds monthly meetings with speakers, there are also several subgroups that do critiques.

This Monday, December 17, is our last meeting of the year. We won't really have a regular meeting. It'll be more of a social this time around.

I hope you'll come. Ask for me or Laura Seaborn and we'll get you introduced.

Here's the meeting info:
The Writers' Guild of Texas meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 PM in the basement meeting room of the Richardson Public Library.

900 Civic Center Drive, Richardson, Texas.

Feel free to email offlist. See My Profile for the email address.

Welcome to Texas, aelle! Hope you like it here and I hope you'll come to the meeting. We can at least introduce you to fellow writers that live nearby.

Aelle said...

I'll be there! Cya Monday.
And thanks.

Aelle