Out of the Closet

It's been a week and a half of surprises and heartfelt displays of affection. My cup runneth over.

My staff got together and gave me a beautiful basket full of goodies, including a very generous gift card to Barnes & Nobles. (How did they know?) During our Christmas lunch, I finally told them I had a book coming out next year. You could have heard their jaws drop. LOL!

"You're a writer? OMG, a real writer!" Which is funny because most of us are artists and we usually get: "You're an artist? OMG, a real artist!"

I make it a point not to discuss my other life with people "not of the blood". I really didn't want to go through the twenty questions on what I'm writing and when it will be in print. But now that TOUCH OF FIRE is coming out, I don't have to feel so guilty. Plus, they promised to buy the book. ~grin~

It felt good to come out of the closet.

Comments