https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Shrimp and Spinach Quiche

There's a bumper sticker that reads: Real men don't eat quiche. Evidently they do.

Greg doesn't turn down any food if it rates to his standards--and I won't pass up any dish if I find out it's easy to make.

I was at a party the other night and someone made quiche. I thought I would turn my nose at it because I always thought it was nothing but a fancy omelet. But this was delicious. The hostess gave me her recipe. Now I'm passing it on to you.

Pie shell (make your own or do it my way and buy the pre-made deep dish pie shells.
16 oz. frozen Spinach
½ lb. Shrimp, get the good-sized kind, not the scrawny cocktail shrimp
3 eggs
8 oz. can Corn, drained
8 oz. Parmesan Cheese
1 cup Milk
1 Tbl. Corn starch

Salt to taste

Blend corn, milk, eggs, spinach, salt and corn starch. Add Spinach and cheese, mix with spoon. Pour entire mixture into a deep dish pie crust. Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until batter is firm and baked throughout. Cover the fluted pie crust edge to prevent burning.

This is a delicious dish. Very filling and great for any meal. You can substitute ham or chicken for the shrimp. --Enjoy.

0 comments: