https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

News To Use

I have no big message today. But here are some tidbits of news.

There's a new agent who's opened shop in Denver. Kate Schafer, formerly of the Janklow & Nesbit Agency has formed KT Literary. Her official opening is February 1st. She handles YA, Women's Fiction and Narrative Nonfiction. This agency prefers e-queries.

*****

Sandra McDonald received a Nebula nomination for OUTBACK STARS. I'm interviewing Sandra in March when her new novel, THE STARS DOWN UNDER comes out.

*****

My friend, Heather Moore is a finalist in two categories (Best Novel & Historical) for the Whitney Awards for her book, LAND OF INHERITANCE.

*****

My crit partner and friend, Mike Keyton is a semi-finalist for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award for his fantasy novel, DreamSpider. It's a very cool book. I've read it! Go over and download the excerpt and leave a review. I'll be leaving my review later this week.

And just to bribe you, Amazon is giving away prizes for thoughtful and well written reviews.

*****

Finally, I had to steal this from the comment section of Jaye's Blahg. I nearly sprayed fizzy pop all over my keyboard when I read this. I'm thinking about having it tattooed on my chest.

"Writing is a lot like sex. At first you do it because you like it. Then you find yourself doing it for a few close friends and people you like. But if you're any good at all ... you end up doing it for money."

--Unknown

4 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

I'm glad you liked that quote. It's one of my all-time faves about writing.

Maria Zannini said...

I'd show you that tattoo on my chest---but it wouldn't be pretty.
Thanks, Jaye!

Heather B. Moore said...

Thanks, Maria for the mention.

I'll have to check out DreamSpider (cool title, too).

Maria Zannini said...

DreamSpider is YA fantasy with some very unique imagery that will make you drool and ask: How'd he do that? :o)