https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

I'm Already There

I'm feeling sentimental today.

This song, I'm Already There, by Lonestar inspired a scene I wrote for a novel that has yet to make agent rounds.

The scene was so powerful for me it makes me glassy-eyed when I read it even now. It's the death scene for a main character.

His lover refuses to let him die, and she has the power to keep him in the mortal plane. An older, wiser character reminds her that she may be able to keep her lover's body alive, but his soul is already gone. She has to let the rest of him go.

Ironically, it's a scene I cut because the story went in a different direction, but every time I hear this song, I relive that chapter in the book. It's worth keeping for a future book, I'm sure.

0 comments: