https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Link-A-Lot

I'm on a mission. During the recent video marathon (otherwise known as my hiatus) I came upon a Eureka moment--which for anyone else would probably amount to "Duh!"

I use a blog reader and it allows me to scan a lot of posts quickly. Now that I understand the scope of a blog reader, I feel comfortable linking to more people because over the span of several weeks I've had the chance to read them far more regularly (and in a more timely fashion) than I would have had I clicked on each individual link.

So I am on a mission to pass information to you via my circuitous route.

Very cool people who have linked to me recently...check out: Joan Mora, Diane Craver and Tia Nevitt. I even got credited for Firefly news over at Boxett.

As I find tidbits of interesting information, I will make it my mission to not only pass on the intel, but to post the link so you can go there too. In turn, if I give you something juicy, let people know where you got it. Let's share the wealth and make everyone brilliant.

Linking does several good things.
• It introduces what might be a new blog to your readers.
• It introduces you to a wider writing community
• Post enough good stuff and people start to take you seriously.
• You are providing a community service to other writers.
• It expands your perception on the world around you.
• Perhaps most importantly of all, it makes YOU visible, both when you link and when others link to you.

If you're like me and want to promote the writing and writers you enjoy, put a link on your post every time they give you something interesting you'd like to pass on. Not only will your blog show up on viral notifiers like Google Alert, but so will theirs.

So link up everyone. Promoting others, promotes you.

****

And since we're talking about sharing good intel, let me steer you toward Yasmine Galenorn. Yasmine had the most incredible 3-part post on the Nuts & Bolts of Publishing. If you're published (and even if you're not) Yasmine gave some terrific advice.

****
Also, the very lovely and talented Colleen Lindsay, had a great post on what sort of credentials you should put on your query. She included Clarion, Oddessey, and OWW where she (brilliantly) acknowledged that OWW has spawned some fabulous writers.

Way to go alma mater!

2 comments:

Joan Mora said...

Thanks for the blog mention, Maria.
I still haven't taken the time to set up the blog reader, but it's next on the list. I know in the long run it will save me time.

Maria Zannini said...

You'll love having a reader. I don't know how I managed without it.