https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Publishing News

Lots of newsy stuff today.

Verna Dreisbach is a new agent at Andrea Hurst Literary Management.

She represents: Commercial & literary fiction, mystery, suspense, thriller, commercial women’s fiction, young adult, Native American Indian. No sci-fi or horror.

Colleen Lindsay is at FinePrint Literary

She represents: Science fiction, fantasy, horror, paranormal romance, YA fiction, pop culture, and graphic novels.

Samantha Cosentino joined Pippin Properties. This agency specializes in children's books.

Speaking of YA, Laurie McLean at Larsen Pomoda had an interesting blog about trends in YA books.

*****

This blog: It's so easy to get absorbed in blogging. Most of you know I usually post useful information and the occasional funny story, but I think I am going to scale back a little. (Just a little.) I have to write books too, and this blog is starting to get too big to handle everyday.

Starting Monday, we will go to three days during the work week unless something important comes up that I need to pass on to you. I will still post markets on Monday, the occasional interview, publishing news and book or movie reviews. The weekends will be a free for all, so stop in and say hi.

I plan on doing some guest blogging in the months to come so I want to keep my material fresh. On the flip side, I'd like to offer visitors the chance to guest blog here. If you would like to post on a topic related to writing, I'd be happy to host you, and more importantly, link to you.

Shoot me an email if you're interested.

4 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Maria: Ever since Donald's now famous comment, everybody I know is scaling back on blogging - including me.

Best of luck with your upcoming release!

I've added you to my blogroll.

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, J!

I enjoy blogging, but it's a huge commitment and I have a full time day job.

Folks, get ready Josephine's intro tomorrow.

Kaz Augustin said...

The common wisdom regarding blogs is that you have to blog EVERY DAY! Cripes, I think the only people who can do that are single and holding down one job.

I try to post every 3 days. Although I don't have a perfect record, I do think consistency is the key. Besides, I'm sure readers understand that most of us are already holding down full-time jobs, plus have families, plus are writing. Under such conditions, I think any author who blogs at all deserves kudos.

Uh, what was Donald's comment, Josephine? Think I missed that one.

Maria Zannini said...

LOL! You've forced me to cross the international date line and post Josephine's intro early so you can see her posts on Maass. So be it.

Coming up next.