https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Agent Updates

I'm afraid I didn't have time to research markets so I will leave you with some agent news.

Effective immediately, 3 Seas Literary Agency is accepting email queries only. Please email your first chapter and synopsis.

3 Seas handles Fiction, Nonfiction and YA.

***
The Scribe Agency is another one. Email only. They handle most fiction genres and nonfiction.

***

Save your stamps and your typing fingers. The Vines Agency, is not accepting any more queries.

***
Stimola Literary Studio is very interested in YA thrillers, mysteries, supernatural and sci fi books.

***
Two (relatively) new agents taking on new clients at Prospect Agency.
From the website:

"Rachel Orr joined Prospect Agency in 2007, after eight rewarding years editing children's books for HarperCollins. She enjoys the challenge of tackling a wide variety of projects—both fiction and nonfiction—particularly picture books, beginning readers, chapter books, middle-grade/YA novels, and works of nonfiction."

"Becca Stumpf, junior agent, joined Prospect Agency in 2006 after working as an assistant at Writers House Literary Agency. As a reader, Becca falls hard for sentences that are beautifully crafted, for humor in unexpected places, and for characters that come to life and follow you around for a while. Becca is looking for adult and YA literary and mainstream fiction that surprises."

4 comments:

Diane Craver said...

Wow - Maria - I didn't know that about 3 Seas. In Dec. they had on their site, they did not want email queries and wanted 3 chapters and synopsis sent snail mail. I sent my partial in Dec. and I never heard anything.

Thanks for the information!

Maria Zannini said...

They are very nice people at 3 Seas. I forgot to send my SASE and they sent me a reply anyway.

I'm glad they went to email. Postage is a bear, especially when mailing 400 page manuscripts.

Diane Craver said...

I included a SASE and haven't heard a thing. How long did it take for you to hear after you sent a partial? Thanks.

Maria Zannini said...

Checked my tracking journal...looks like they answered a little more than 2 months after I sent it in.

Send it in again, Diane. Sounds like it got lost.