https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Links Of Interest

By now, all of you must have learned about Arthur C. Clarke. The man seemed everlasting to me. It's hard to believe he's gone. Here's the AP story.

***

The very charming and handsome Joshua Palmatier created the Plot Synopsis Project. It's kinda like the Forbin Project, but far more debilitating. LOL. If you've ever had to write a synopsis, you know what I'm talking about.

Joshua got together with his buds and each of them posted the synopses that sold their stories. How cool is that? Go here to read Joshua's synopses, and then travel down to all the other authors.

We call that learning by osmosis.

***
I'd like to recommend this site for editing info: Editorrent. Alicia Rasley and Theresa are two editors who make no bones about how to do a proper edit.

I'm taking Alicia's class on Scenes and Themes--well, I should say I'm auditing it. My life has been so busy lately, all I've had time to do is read the lectures, but this woman is a fountain of information. Her feedback to other students is right on the money and she's so helpful. I highly recommend any class Alicia teaches.

***
Josephine Damian tipped us to a great link for literary markets. Read her post here.

2 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Wow! Id never seen that Editor blog before. Lots of terrific stuff there. I'll do a post promoting them as well as you - probably next week.

Thanks for the shout out. Hope you're feeling better!

Maria Zannini said...

I really like Editorrent. They always have good info. And Alicia Rasley rocks. She's very good at getting to the skinny of things.