https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Agent Blogs

Man, it has been a dry season for markets lately. I scoured my lists yesterday and I couldn't find anything noteworthy. I try to be open-minded when I post markets. My only real criteria is that they pay professional rates or have superior exposure. For contests, I try to post only those that don't charge an entry fee.

But the well's been dry, so I will leave you with agent blogs. Yes, I can hear Mike cussing me out across the Atlantic Ocean for giving him yet more reasons to procrastinate and not write. Tough toenails, Mikey. (Notice how brave I am when I have an ocean protecting me from the man's wrath. LOL!)

***
I have all of these agents on my reader. I'll let you decide who has the best blog.

Joshua Blimes

Bookends, LLC

Nathan Bransford

Dystel & Goderich Literary Management

Diana Fox

Jennifer Jackson

Elizabeth Jote

Caren Johnson

Colleen Lindsay

The Knight Agency

Kristin Nelson

KT Literary

Lyons Literary

Chip MacGregor

Jenny Rappaport

Lori Perkins

Janet Reid

Nephele Tempest

Rachel Vater

Wylie-Merrick

EDITED to add: Rachelle Gardner
Thanks to Angela James for adding to the pot.

Yet another EDIT: Add Lucienne Diver to the list. You can also see an interview with her here.
Thanks to Josephine Damian for the head's up.

Speaking of agents, in a few days I will direct you to an interview I did with Colleen Lindsay. She gave a lot of smart advice. I was impressed with her publishing experience. Stay tuned for the link.

9 comments:

Angela James said...

http://cba-ramblings.blogspot.com/

Rachelle Gardner's blog. She just posted last week a call for historical romance:

I have an announcement and call for submissions: I am looking for HISTORICAL ROMANCE. Feel free to submit a query in this genre if:

a You have a completed manuscript and ideas for sequels
a It takes place in the U.S. somewhere between 1800 and 1930
a It's REALLY good

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Angie!
Great intel.

Ruv Draba said...

Maria,

A note of encouragement and honour: you do so much good with your posts, and in reading your blog entries I see that you are growing too. I applaud what you are doing in both cases.

Very best,

Ruv.

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, thank you, Ruv.

I know some people like these posts, but it's always nice to hear. It makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks!

Mike Keyton said...

EEEK! All those links. Lucky I have a 93K script to crit...but after that?

Maria Zannini said...

You're in my clutches now, Mike.
Mwahahahaha!

Josephine Damian said...

BTW: Did you see this?

http://www.leelofland.com/wordpress/?p=578

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Josi!
I did see this from your blog. I'll update this post.

Diane Craver said...

Cool - you have an agent listed I want to submit to - MacGregor. He has a blog. I'm writing an inspirational romance right now and he represents authors who write in this genre. Rachel Vater is very nice. She rejected my ms. after she requested a full but gave me great suggestions. It was published after rewrites.

Thanks for the agent lists, Maria!