https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, April 25, 2008

I've been approved

I am exhausted! Yesterday was a very long day. I barely had time to grab a bite to eat before hitting the sack, and now here it is, morning again. At least it's Friday.

I'm afraid I didn't have time to prepare a blog post for today. And the only news I have is that we should be seeing excerpts for Touch Of Fire out soon.

There are several irons in the fire right now, but it wouldn't do any good to mention them at this point since I don't know how they'll turn out yet.

I did get my business cards from VistaPrint yesterday. In record time! They sent them within the week. And they look gorgeous. I used the cover art for the card. LOVE that cover! It looks great.

You'd think the book coming out next month would be the biggest thing on my mind, but instead it's something even more important to me. In a couple of weeks I'll undergo eye surgery on both eyes. They'll be replacing my natural lenses with synthetic ones. Supposedly, they will never deteriorate.

I am anxious to get it done. I cannot begin to tell you how bad my eyesight is. It's weakened significantly in the last couple of years, but I couldn't afford the surgery. Then I found a doctor who convinced my insurance provider that it was a medical necessity. I still have to pay for the lenses--a hefty sum--but it'll be worth it if I can get my sight back. The surgery itself is exorbitant. That's the part I couldn't afford on my own.

They told me yesterday the surgery had been approved. I hope no one pulls a fast one on me, or you are going to see a grown woman cry.

From May 5 through May 15, my posting might be a little irregular. I won't be allowed to tax my eyes until they heal. I will try to have a few posts already written up---or hire me a secretary. (grin)

LOTS going on next month. And some of it I can't divulge until I get confirmation, but I am hoping it will be the beginning of a long and happy writing career. Wish me luck!

More to come. Stay tuned.

16 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

Take as long as you need, M! Now that you've got this far, it would be a shame if you neglected the ever-so-important "recovery" step of the plan. Just remember that it's just as important as everything that preceded it.

Happy, er, lens replacement!

Maria Zannini said...

Thank you. I'm looking forward to getting it over with. It's been a long time in coming.

dawtheminstrel said...

Maria, I'm so glad the eye surgery seems to be moving forward. Things just have to get better there.

And no wonder you love your cover. It's terrific!

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Daw. It's a big load off my mind.

PS. I'll be sure to include a couple of BCs when I send you the book.

Mike Keyton said...

Take care, Maria. I hope everything goes well. You'll be the only bionic author I know.
Mike.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm waiting for that bionic brain to come on the market. I wanna be on THAT list. Thanks, Mike.

Carol Burge said...

Best of luck with your surgery, Maria. I'll be sending good vibes and lots of prayers your way.

~Carol

Maria Zannini said...

Appreciate that, Carol. I am going to load up on carrots too. (grin) Can't hurt.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Good luck with the surgery, Maria. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Also...you've been tagged. Stop by my blog for details. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks for the prayers, Sherrill. I'm not sure I'm grateful for the tag. LOL!

I'll see if I can come up with something tomorrow.

Cheryl said...

Good luck with your surgery. I'm impatiently waiting for that news that you can't divulge yet.

Carol Burge said...

I love the way Sherrill slipped in the fact thaty you've been tagged, Maria. LOL Very sneaky, Sherrill!

Maria Zannini said...

Cheryl: My news is probably only of interest to me, but I'd like to think it will be promising to my career.

Maria Zannini said...

Carol: Sherrill is very, very tricksie. LOL! But she's a gem. I luvs Sherrill! She's always gives me such good advice and is very generous with her time.

Sherrill Quinn said...

Yes, I'z be tricksie. Iz why I'z so luvable. *G*

Maria Zannini said...

Hugs, Tricksie. :o)