https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, May 2, 2008

Check Out La Gringa

I promised you an interview with Colleen Lindsay. It's over at the OWW newsletter site. Go here.

Due to space constraints I had to edit a big hunk of the interview out, which was a shame because Colleen's led a pretty fascinating life. I'm hoping people like the interview and will ask for more.

The thing I love best about interviews is seeing the personality of the interviewee come through. Some people are tough cookies though. They are so distant and reserved, you can't see the real person for the wall they put up. I'm sure a lot of it is nerves, and I try to soften their hard edges with questions that ask about the person rather than the career.

Colleen was the perfect guest! She was so warm and honest. And her humor was infectious. I wish all my interviews were that much fun. Go over and soak up all that good advice she gave. And read her blog. There's never a dull moment with that woman.

Before long, I'll be the subject of interviews. I've already answered quite a few questions for some interviews coming up in the next couple of months. I have to admit, my favorite questions were the really wacky ones. Hmm…what does that say about me?

I'm going on a mini hiatus, so maybe just a couple of blog posts next week while I recuperate from eye surgery. Wish me luck for Monday. If I can get my "secretary" to upload a post for me, you might hear about my progress. I am anxious to find out if colors will be more vivid for me after the surgery. That would be icing on the cake.

Talk to you soon!

11 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

Great interview, M! Wondering if I should try and get an agent on podcast...hmmm....

Take care for next week and have a nice rest. (I know, I'm nagging now, aren't I?) ;)

Maria Zannini said...

Hey, a podcast is a great idea all around. Go for it!

Mike Keyton said...

Fingers, toes and everything else crossed for Monday. Do you come out of hospital looking like the Godfather?

Really good interview by the way.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm told I'll be sporting the pirate look. They'll tape my eye shut and I'll be wearing a patch. Arrgh!

Marianne Arkins said...

Good luck with your surgery. I have to admit to being freaked out by the idea of surgery on my eyes. Anywhere else? Not so much.

Still looking forward to your info on marketing :-)

See you when you get back!

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Marianne. This is my second set of surgeries so I'm a little more relaxed about it. I have a lot of faith in the doctor. He's supposed to be the best in the country. --We'll see.

Heather B. Moore said...

Maria, good luck with the surgery. I'll be sending your interview questions soon, but take your time! Get lots of rest!

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Heather! Looking forward to both. :o)

Luc2 said...

Very interesting interview, and a great answer to my question. Thanks!

Good luck with the surgery.

wordtryst said...

Hi Maria! Thanks for dropping by my blog! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Marianne Arkins said...

Was thinking about you this morning and hope your surgery went swimmingly!!! Recover well and quickly :-)