https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Countdown

Tuesday is it! Touch Of Fire finally debuts. I wish my eyes were in better shape. I still can't visit all my regular haunts to share my news because my baby browns tire out too quickly. I am counting on my friends to help me spread the word.

I am feeling better though, which is saying a lot. The second surgery has given me a true horror story to tell you in the days to come. But I've had so many well-wishers. I really believe they helped me recuperate faster. Maya Reynolds sent me some gorgeous flowers, other friends have been calling and emailing me regularly, and Greg has been here to lead me around and cater to me like I was the Queen of Sheba. If you're going to be incapacitated, always have a steady supply of friends and loved ones. They're what keep you going.

Tuesday, I will blog here, at Samhain, and I think Maya is going to post on Touch Of Fire too.

Now for your meme pleasure, I bring you a new one. Feel free to play along if you like and say that you saw it here. What made me decide to do this meme is the question about being a billionaire. I never think in those terms, so it was fun to dream.

From my friend and fellow sadist, Josephine Damian. Here are the rules.

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.
8
A Meme about Various Things
8
What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago, I'd already been at my artist job at an advertising department for a year. I was the up-and-coming wunderkind and my company pushed quickly to get me into management. What can I say? I'm the alpha-leader-get it done type.

At the time I had no interest or inclination for writing. I was perfectly content being an artist. I still love it.

Ten years ago, I had it in my head that I might like to climb the corporate ladder as well, but it didn’t take long to figure out I didn't like the political games inherent to the corporate structure.

Still, I was where I wanted to be at the time. It was eight years ago when I took a totally different direction and moved to Dallas for glory and dirty filthy lucre. Some of the changes were tough, but most of it has been great. I've met the most wonderful people and it introduced me to what I do today---write.
88
What are five things on your to-do list for today (not in any particular order)?
• Write blog post for Monday. (I am cheating today, thanks to Josie.)
• Buy food for the Tankster. (He likes to eat regularly.)
• Go to the movies (went to see Narnia 2---review to come)
• Read the newspaper (my first time in two weeks!)
• Suffer through yet more eye drops.
8
What are some snacks you enjoy?
• dried apricots
• dried cranberries
• sunflower seeds
• pecans
• edamame
8
What would you do if you were a billionaire?
• Buy 100 acres in the Texas hill country and build my dream home
• Create a no-kill shelter for abused animals
• Set aside university scholarships for all my nieces and nephews
• Travel around the world (several times)
• Hire a live-in masseuse and trainer to keep me in shape
8
What are five places where you have lived?
Chicago, IL
Beaumont, TX
Port Arthur, TX
Lumberton, TX
Dallas, TX
8
What are five jobs you have had?
Art Director
Store Display Artist
Veterinary Anesthesiologist
Ratite Breeder
Dog Whisperer (trainer)
8
What were the last five books you read?
Air, Geoff Ryman
Tales of Old Japan, AB Mitford
The Outback Stars, Sandra McDonald.
Deadly Doses, a writer's guide to poisons, Serita Deborah Stevens
Extraordinary Endings of Practically Everything and Everybody, Charles Panati
8
What are five web sites you visit daily (in no particular order)?
This is a cheat because I scan blogs off a reader, so I don't have to pop in anywhere. I can view the blog from one spot in one sitting, but these are five that regularly catch my interest.
http://bookendslitagency.blogspot.com/
http://samhainpublishing.com/blog/ (Yes, I'll be blogging there sometime Tuesday.
http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/
http://fantasydebut.blogspot.com/
http://historyhoydens.blogspot.com/

Tag 5 People
Tag, YOU are it. Link me if you play.

6 comments:

Josephine Damian said...

Oooh, I wished I'd mentioned the no-kill shelter in my meme. Maybe because with as many animals as I have, that's basically what I'm doing already.

Best of luck on launch day. I'll have to follow you on your blog tour, kinda like a stalker - who looks just like you. lol

Maria Zannini said...

A no-kill shelter is always on my list. It's the only charity we donate to regularly.

Thanks for the luck! I'll need it.
--say, since we look so much alike, I wonder if I can borrow you for appearances. I'm betting you look a whole lot better than I do right now. LOL.

dawtheminstrel said...

Good to have you back, Maria. It must be incredibly exciting as your book's ready to be born.

Maria Zannini said...

LOL! They don't call them labor pains for nothing! But I'm glad to finally let that puppy run on its own.

Thanks, Daw!

Suzanne McLeod said...

Happy, happy book release day Maria! Wishing you and Touch of Fire all success

Maria Zannini said...

Thank you, Suzanne!

I feel like I am passing myself coming and going. There seems to be so much to do.

And I get to do this all over again when the print book comes out in mass market next year.

Thanks for your support!