https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

And Puppy Makes Four

Not that we didn't have enough on our plate already, but now we are getting ready to welcome a new addition to our family.

"Puppy" (we don't have a name for her yet) is another rescue. She's a rottie pup, about 3 months old.

Expect lots of pictures in the coming weeks. We haven't had a puppy in this house for a very long time.

Ironically, we weren't looking for a puppy, but when I saw pictures and video of this rascal trouncing on a 100lb male rottie, I knew she was the one.

Poor Greg has been sending me links for adoptable dogs for over two years and I kept saying "not the one". But just like house hunting, you know when it's the right one. And that's how I felt about this little dickens.

I hope we get her this weekend because Greg and I have a few days of vacation together and that would be a great time to get to know each other and bond.

***

We're also having our home photographed for the virtual tour this Saturday too. My friend, Mel came over yesterday and we started dressing half the house. We were up late, but it turned out beautifully. We're leaving the bedrooms until Friday.

I am very pleased with how the house looks so far. Who knew such small touches can make such a dramatic effect? I closeted a lot of artwork and sculpture that Mel has placed here and there. It was very striking. That woman KNOWS how to decorate. She has like super decorating powers, or something. I can't wait to show you pictures!

I am exhausted though. What with preparing a house to sell, looking for a house and adopting a dog (a huge undertaking, and a topic for another post) I feel like a limp rag. Things moved much faster than we expected.

Can someone hide me for a day or two? LOL. I need a break.

10 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Last time I moved, I had a newborn... time before that, I was pregnant, and my DH lived 2000 miles away at our new house. I don't envy you the task.

Ahhh...puppies. I want to see that video! *G*

Maria Zannini said...

A newborn! Oh, lord. I thought I had it bad.

I'll try to post the video tonight when I get home from work.

Kaz Augustin said...

Wish we'd thought of a house-dresser when we sold our last place. Lost the first few prospectives due to "inappropriate" decoration, I fear. Ah well, we sold it in the end, so I suppose I can't complain.

As for that break, M, I think you should've taken one before now. 'Cos it's all nerve-wracking rollercoaster time from here on in. LOL Good luck!

Maria Zannini said...

>>As for that break, M, I think you should've taken one before now.

Oh, great! Now you tell me.
LOL! I'm doomed.

J.K. Coi said...

Maria! I'd love to hide you, come on over LOL

Don't forget the pictures! I can't wait to see puppy!

Maria Zannini said...

Oh, you don't know how tempting that is right now.

I tried to upload the YouTube video, but it hasn't posted yet. If it doesn't do it by the time I get home, I'll just key in the link.

Marshall Payne said...

Cool on the new puppy! :)

I'd be happy to hide ya, but I afraid I wouldn't be very good company. I can't seem to tear myself away from the PC these days. *hee*

Maria Zannini said...

Marshall! You made it! And you even got a Blogger site.

I'd be happy if I could spend time on my pc. I have a novel that is nearly ready to go, but I don't want to rush it out the door without giving it a hard second look.

Glad you got in. And thanks for the offer.

Marshall Payne said...

I had a blogger username last time, just nothing happened. Thought I'd try again so you'd know I was here. Got your icon on my desktop to remind me to come vist you. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Thank you! I likes me some visitors. :o)