https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fear of Failure

I want to direct you to a link my buddy and CP, Mike Keyton sent to me. It is the commencement address to Harvard graduates given by JK Rowling. I thought it was wonderful and speaks to all of us.

Rowling touched a chord when she said that it was the fear of failure that spurred her on. I know that catalyst all too well.

Fear of failure has always been a motivation for me. It toughens me. It humbles me. And it forces me to pick myself up and start over.

I think it's kind of funny that people always see me as a fearless go-getter, when in truth I am afraid of everything. It's because of that fear I have succeeded on so many levels.

Please take a few minutes to read Rowling's commencement speech. I promise it will inspire you. These are things all of us need to be reminded of—especially writers.

*****
Public Service Announcements

Registration for the Muse Online Writers Workshop is now open.

Deadline: September 1st, 2008.

Don’t miss this annual FREE conference offering you tons of FREE workshops and chat workshops for one entire week.

Held: October 13 - 19, 2008.

Site: http://www.themuseonlinewritersconference.com/

Please click on REGISTRATIONS and register today.

If for some reason you have difficulty registering, feel free to email Lea Schizas at: museitupeditor@ yahoo.ca

*****

JA Konrath has compiled all his good advice, tips and tricks into one handy dandy download. And he is giving it away FREE. Go here and partake. Then be a good soul and buy one of his books.

2 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

Hi Maria! I saw your comments on Shelley's blog today and wanted to check out your blog. Your book sounds really good. Nice to meet you and it looks like you are doing all right with PR, by the way.
Kaye
http://kayemanro.blogspot.com

Maria Zannini said...

Thank you, Kaye. And welcome!

Nice to meet you too. :o)