The Saga Continues

Still house hunting.

I think we're getting closer to the kind of property we want. Originally, we assumed that no matter what we find, we'll have to remodel something. (We're funny that way.) But Greg suggested we raise our ceiling price in the hopes that the perfect house could be found for a few thousand more.

There are things he wants and things I want. Since this is going to be our last house (I hope!) we want it to be as perfect as possible.

He needs a big workshop. Greg is one of those guys. You know the ones, the kind who can take a toothpick and a piece of wire and build a shopping mall. (grin) Over the years, he's acquired a great many woodworking tools. So we want a shop that can hold all these things, a place he will enjoy puttering around in.

Me, I want a pond and some good soil. I'd like to keep a large garden and a few farm animals. I also need a quiet room in the house, somewhere where I can do that other thing I do--write!

Land is becoming harder to come by, especially close to the city. I found a great one today that seems to have everything we want and more. It was especially designed for horse people. I don't plan to get a horse--too much maintenance, but it is a nice piece of land and a pretty house.

Greg is probably relieved I don't want horses. LOL! Texas is big horse country, especially where we live now. But horses are luxury items and I'm too practical for that. My animals traditionally serve a useful purpose. (She says this as she sees Tank slink onto the couch. LOL!)

The Tankster for all his laziness is extremely helpful around the house. I've taught past rotties to herd and I'm pretty sure he'll be just as able. He seems to have the instinct for it. He's great protection too. All he has to do is stand there and look BIG.

***
Terrible sinus headache today. The worst I've ever had. At least I think it's a sinus headache. My whole head feels like it's in a vise, and it's been like that for two days. Is that what a sinus headache feels like? I've had very few and this one is knocking me down.

Does anyone have any cures? Sinus medicine isn't helping.

Off to find a cold compress.

Comments

Heather Moore said…
Maybe you have a sinus infection, which might require antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon!
Maria Zannini said…
Thanks, Heather. I started to feel better Sunday night. Threw me for a loop though. I've never been walloped so hard.

Hope it was a fluke. :o)