Clean Up on Aisle Three

We didn't fare too badly. Most of it is just a debris field and some smashed in gates. Some of our friends are mucking out of two feet of water. Everything was ruined.

And if the splinters of wood and twisted metal aren't enough, imagine the smell! The Gulf literally washed over everything. Dead fish are wedged into every nook and cranny. And the garbage!!

I'll say no more. Suffice it to say, we have a lot to clean up.

Power is back in our neighborhood and we have running water. All good things.


We have LOTS and LOTS of trees. Beautiful, until they come down. LOL!


Eyes: Could be better. I think I took a turn for the worse this week by going back to work. Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to get more time off.

Comments

Tia Nevitt said…
I hope your eyes continue to improve!

We've had our own tree on the house as a result of tropical weather. Glad you suffered no major damage.
Maria Zannini said…
Did the tree punch through the house?

During Hurricane Rita, we had three trees on the house, two on the shop. It took us well over a year to recover physically and financially, and now this.

Proves the strength of the our resolve, I guess.
J.K. Coi said…
I'm glad the damage wasn't worse for you, and I hope your eyes continue to get better. Take care!
Maria Zannini said…
Thanks JK,
If I've committed any sins requiring penance, I think I'm paid in full by now. Hope so, anyway. :o)