https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Fire Safety

My husband, Greg, is among other things, a Fire and Rescue Incident Commander at his chemical plant. He's always sending me photos and videos about all sorts of disasters, not only to keep me informed but so that I understand what he does.

Because of their graphic nature I can't post most of these items, but this one is a sobering reminder for all of us. With so many friends and neighbors in our kitchens during the holidays, I thought it was appropriate to share.

Herein is a Public Service Announcement on fire safety. Please be careful in that kitchen.



4 comments:

dawtheminstrel said...

Those safety videos can be sobering. One time when I was data gathering for my previous job, I sat in on a meeting where my participants watched a video about fork trucks. It was two years before I could see one across a parking lot and not run the other way.

Maria Zannini said...

Wow. Must of been one heck of a video.

rcloenen-ruiz said...

I didn't know that. Thanks for posting this video, Maria.

After my eldest son was born, our kitchen almost went up in flames. My mother-in-law's quick thinking saved us from disaster. I'm glad she was around. Joel was only a day old, hubby had put the feeding bottles on the stove to sterilize, took my parents to his brother's house (just down the road), and forgot the bottles were cooking. Good thing mom and dad-in-law were visiting with me. Otherwise, I wouldn't be making this post today.

Maria Zannini said...

OMG, Rochita. How scary!

Thank God everyone was all right.