https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, December 26, 2008

On Your Mark: Shop!

I-Needa-Name-Contest is still going on. Go here for more details.

***

December 26th is the biggest shopping day of the year for me. Forget leftover Christmas ornaments and broken tree toppers. Concentrate on things you can use year round.

Snatch up all the red, gold and silver tissue and wrapping paper you can. Perfect for Valentines and anniversary gifts. Stock up on serving dishes, table linens, and paper products. If you have employees or lots of service people to buy for, after-Christmas is the best time to buy for them. Target and Wal-Mart mark all their "ready-made" gifts to half off. Great gift items: throw blankets, tool sets, flashlight sets, massage pillows. (By the way, the most popular gift with my employees was the tool set. Everyone loved them and they still use them.)

I scour grocery store shelves for holiday fixings. Bread mixes often go on sale as do holiday foods like fancy nuts in gift sets. If you're like me and can't live without cranberries, grab all the fresh cranberries you can. They freeze beautifully.

In other words, look beyond the season and stock up on the things you'll use year round.

I always take Greg if he's available because he's the perfect quarterback and opens a path for me in the crowds. Very handy.

See you at the stores!

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

YES... I seldom shop on Black Friday, but I'm always at the store the day after Christmas. Actually, I start my next year's Christmas shopping today! *G*

Maria Zannini said...

LOL. Great minds think alike.

I do suspect pickings will be slimmer this year. Computer technology has whittled inventories to near precise proportions now.