https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Warm Fuzzies

It is a holiday week, so we'll return to normal programming in January. For now it's just you and me, and I'd like to make a confession.

I am not the swiftest to concede when it comes to upgrades in technology. Oh, I get into it eventually, but you'll never find me the first in line for any tech.

Yesterday, in a moment of weakness, Greg talked me into getting one of those high definition tvs. Puts hand to head....and weeps.

Don't get me wrong. It is beautiful. As sleek and sexy as they come, and the picture is so sharp--it takes your breath away.

umm...I don't like it.

(I'll wait while the techies out there cry heresy and burn me in effigy.)

I hate to admit this, but the picture looks so real, it's unnatural. I miss the soft fuzziness of my old tv. Weird, I know. Maybe it will take time to get used to it. Maybe I'm a low-def consumer in a high-def world.

Le sigh...

Am I the only one to feel this way?

***
Don't forget I have a contest to name my new blog series on frugal living. Deadline is 1-9-09
Go here for details.

6 comments:

J.K. Coi said...

LOL, honey yes. You are the only one who doesn't like it. :)

We just got one too and I really do like it. Too much. I'm watching movies when I should be working.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and an awesome new year to you!

J.K. Coi

Maria Zannini said...

LOL.

I'm such a troglodyte. Greg says I'll get used to it. What choice do I have? Now that he has HD, he'll never go back.

Mike Keyton said...

If you're lucky, the new 3D hd tv's that are on the way will have fuzzy edges

Maria Zannini said...

Oh you're a big help.

Don't give Greg anymore ideas. I'm still trying to make peace with this tv.

Marianne Arkins said...

It's a little like when I wouldn't stop buying vinyl... I still LOVE my records.

Maria Zannini said...

LOL. I was like that too. I still have some of my records, even if I can't play them.