https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Blogging at Samhain

It's my turn to blog over at Samhain and I'm talking about two of my favorite things, ghosts and dogs.

Pop over if you get a chance.

Leave me a comment either here or at Samhain and tell me if you've ever had a close encounter of the surreal kind.

***
If you've been following More For Less, my new blog series on saving money, I'll leave you with a bonus tip. Since we're still in the beginning of the year, try saving ALL your receipts for one year.

Save everything, from movie stubs to losing Lotto tickets (you know who you are). If you're extra organized, you can separate them by category such as food, entertainment, big ticket items, and clothing. Then add them up every 3 months and total the whole thing at the end of the year.

The results will amaze you.

Even though we're pretty frugal, Greg and I will do this every couple of years. It gives us an overall report card on how well we saved--and spent.


***

If you're new to this blog, I generally run three different series throughout the week.

Mondays are for Writing Markets and contests.

Wednesdays now feature More For Less.

Fridays, read my running series on promotional venues, called Killer Campaigns.

The rest of the week is my time to talk about whatever strikes my fancy. Add yourself to my follow group, (lower right hand side) and you'll see my updates as soon as they post.

0 comments: