https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Deborah Kalin

Not my usual day to blog, but I recently met Deborah Kalin, aka dragonfly. AMENDED: It should be: damselfly ~ damselfly ~ damselfly.
That's me trying to burn it into my memory.

Deb is a veteran of OWW and I 'met' her while I was putting together the OWW newsletter for February.

Her book, Shadow Queen is out in stores now. If you're lucky enough to live in or near the awesome continent of Australia, stop by and pick up her book. You can also order it online at these vendors.

Infinitas
Dymocks
Rainbow Book Agencies
Galaxy Books
Booktopia

Here's a blurb for Shadow Queen.




Matilde of the House of Svanaten has spent her life in training for when she will ascend the Turasi throne. Yet, two years past Matilde's coming of age, her indomitable grandmother remains reluctant to hand over power.

When Matilde's exiled aunt, Helena, turns up for the most important festival of the year, suspicion abounds. Why has Helena – long married into the despised Ilthean nobility – suddenly returned? And what of the Ilthean soldiers massed at the southern border?

Hard on Helena's arrival, Matilde is struck by a vision warning of doom. And it isn't long before a forceful new enemy strikes at the very heart of power, leaving a trail of death and destruction in his wake.

After narrowly surviving the conflagration that shatters her entire world, Matilde must pit herself against her family's conqueror – her new husband – in a battle not just for the throne, but for her very existence.


Go check her out! She's one to watch.

I'm going to interview Deb for the March issue of the OWW newsletter. You won't want to miss it.

3 comments:

damselfly said...

Deborah Kalin, aka dragonfly

Or, in fact, damselfly ;)

Thanks for the shout-out!

Maria Zannini said...

D'oh!!

I'm so sorry. I must have had dragonfly on the brain. Now I've got to make sure I didn't do that on the newsletter. Thanks for telling me!

damselfly said...

LOL - no worries. There's so many of us dragonflies and damselflies kicking around the net, it's a wonder anyone ever manages to keep them all straight :)