https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Follow Me

With the kerfuffle at LJ, I discovered Mallory has moved her stuff to Blogspot, so I went over to say hi and welcome.

She's new to Blogger, guys, so be good neighbors and go over and make her feel welcome.

Although we've never met, Mallory and I traveled in the same circles though at different times. I've also read some of her stuff at OWW and let me tell you, this woman is going places.

Mallory asked me about how she would go about "following" my blog and I said. "Huh?"

Lo and behold there is a way to follow my blog, and I already had three followers, but I had no idea how they did that. Am I lame or what?

I did find an icon where you could add yourself to my blogroll, so I'm not a total loser. At the bottom right hand side of this page, go to "This way to the cheese" and add yourself to my roll. I have edam and feta on hand, but I'm sure I can scrounge up some others. *g*

Your agenda for today is to find a minute to pop over to Mallory's blog and say hi. You know how lonely it is when you first move in to a strange neighborhood.

Have a great Saturday everyone. I'll be back tomorrow afternoon with a winner to the I-Needa-Name contest.

4 comments:

Mallory said...

You are made of awesome Maria and thank you so much for the shout out ;) And your comment about my writing was very kind -- I hope to live up to it.

It is very nice to meet a new/old friend and to have some help getting the new blog up and running.

I do like the way I was able to add photos and links to my sidebar - that was nifty, so, I'm keeping myself open to the positives of blogger. I may try to embed it in my website at some point and then funnel other feeds into it or Reader.

There is always something to learn with technology, I never feel caught up and current. ::sigh::

Shelley Munro said...

I've noticed the blog followers thingie on other blogs. I use the Microsoft reader thingie. The only trouble with this is that if you want to comment you have to go to the blog.

Have a fun weekend.

Maria Zannini said...

You're welcome Mallory. I've been following you for a while. Glad we could finally connect.

Maria Zannini said...

Hi Shelley,
I think that's true of all blogs, isn't it? I don't think I've ever been able to comment without going to the blog. If there is another way, let me know.

The following thing just lets you see what they posted in case you can't reach your rss feeds or reader--which ironically has happened to me way too often last year.