https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, February 2, 2009

Markets

I was reading Marianne's blog the other day and she mentioned looking for a market for a short romance she had on her desk.

So I looked around and found these. The first two are UK markets.

***

YOURS is always looking for good articles and short stories, but before you send them in, please download the appropriate PDF on the guidelines page.Every submission is read but we receive more than a hundred manuscripts a month and are able to publish only one or two short stories and articles per issue.Please allow up to six months for reply and enclose a stamped, self-addressed envelope if you would like your manuscript to be returned.

• 100-150 word synopsis
• Accurate word count
•Your full name (and real name if you write under a pen name) address, and phone number.

***

Scarlet Magazine
Warning: Explicit material

Got a talent for writing sexy stories women can lose themselves in? We’re looking for erotic stories.

***

SORMAG (Shades of Romance)

SORMAG is published bi-monthly. We are a magazine that caters to the readers and writers of multi-cultural literature. This is a great vehicle for getting exposure for your name, your web site and your books.

New writers are especially encouraged to submit their work. We also welcome submissions and inquiries from published authors.

They also accept nonfiction about the writing life.

Pay: (On the low side it seems.) $20 a pop.

***

I found this one through my buddy, Carol Burge.

Love Stories Magazine

The overall theme should involve short stories of Male/Female love and romance. These stories may be contemporary, historic, inspirational, paranormal, or any other theme as long as love and romance are the main thrust of the story. Story length should range from 3,000 to 5,000 Words.

ALL STORIES MUST CONTAIN WITHIN THE ATTACHED DOCUMENT, A STORY SYNOPSIS PROCEEDING THE BODY OF THE WORK.

Payment: I couldn't find any payment info on these guys. If anyone has any information on what they pay, shoot me an email and I'll update this post.

***

Mini-Moan: I find a lot of information not only from the blogs I read but the linky-love they give others. The well's been dry lately. Maybe people are still recovering from the holidays. I scan more than 300 blogs and there hasn't been too many shout outs or check-this-out links. That's sad.

I try to mention people when I can. As a matter of fact there would have been far more posts on this blog in the past week had it not been for my very hectic schedule lately. I've bookmarked the really interesting posts I've read on the blogosphere lately so I can discuss them later.

If you've read a blog post somewhere that's noteworthy, give it a shout out. I love to find new people and forums. Many of us do.

***
Addendum: Oooh, and Angela James posted some of my very favorite intel! Free breakfast at Denny's.

"America, you're invited to enjoy a free Grand Slam breakfast On Tuesday, February 3rd, from 6am to 2pm at Denny's.

***
And if you don't have Angie's blog on your reader, you're missing out. She always has good content.

4 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Yep... I love new links -- it's the reason my Google Reader is so overloaded.

Thanks for the markets, too. Will have to check them out.

Happy Monday!

Maria Zannini said...

Let me know if you sell to any of these. Thanks and good luck!

J.K. Coi said...

Great links, Maria! I'm writing a short myself, so I'll keep these handy for when I'm ready to start looking around for a home for it.

Have a great week. I've been so busy I haven't been able to stop for long at my favourite blogs, but I'm reading!

Maria Zannini said...

The light is always on, JK. Stop by anytime!