https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Preempted Schedule

I think I'm going to preempt regular programming this week and give you some con highlights. This weekend I went to ConDFW, a SFF writers conference.

It is small, intimate and quite festive. This was my first time to ConDFW. The cost is very cheap and the guest of honor this year was none other than Jim Butcher.

I've seen Jim Butcher at FenCon, but he's even more wildly popular now. The line for his autograph stretched out to the hotel lobby. I love Jim's books, but I'm not standing in line for anyone's autograph---unless he's autographing a check for me. *grin*

The show ends today. I wanted to attend more of the workshops, but I was on a very tight schedule this weekend since I had actual writing jobs to complete. Still I was glad I got the chance to hear some of these authors speak.

2 comments:

Kaz Augustin said...

And...? It sounds very interesting, M, but you can't just leave it like that. I'm presuming you'll do a long-ass report on your attendance? (Please?)

Maria Zannini said...

Patience, K! I'll probably post 3 or 4 reports this week.

You would have appreciated the weapons workshop. It was one of my favorites. --gave me lots of ideas!