https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Not Fit To Write

I had planned on doing a post (and quite possibly a 2-part post) on Advertising for Killer Campaigns today, but I was out late last night--okay--late for ME.

No point in throwing something together haphazardly. If I post, I always want to make sure I give it my all, so you'll have to wait until next week. But it'll be pretty in depth. I promise.

Advertising is my domain, so I can speak pretty confidently about it. I'll be covering both the pros and cons of advertising with a second post on how to design your ad for maximum impact.

***

The reason for my lapse in posting is all due to getting older. LOL.

Maya Reynolds and I decided to celebrate our birthdays together since they are only about a week apart. I adore talking to her. I am trying to coerce--er, I mean invite her over to my house when we're both available. I found a neat little indy bookstore not more than 15 miles from where I live. The store is called Books and Crannies and is housed inside an old movie theater. It also has Maddie, the resident cat.

I picked up a couple of books from LS Viehl and Catherine Asaro, and I could've stayed for hours. It was the most charming bookstore I've ever been in. If they let me, I'll have to take some pictures the next time I go back. All bookstores should be this quaint.

4 comments:

catie said...

Wow, what a great book store name! Hope you enjoy your new books.

Maria Zannini said...

I will have to go back. It makes you feel at home from the moment you walk in.

Marian said...

No bookstore is complete without a cat, honestly.

There was a Half Price Books in Austin which had a large, friendly cat with fur like black smoke. She would purr and rub her head against me until I ended up so mellow that I'd spend more money on books than I intended.

Maria Zannini said...

I think the workplace would be a lot less stressful if you brought your pet to work. :o)