https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Touch Of Fire Contest: It Begins

This is NOT an April Fool's prank. Today begins the official start for the Touch Of Fire contest with a prize worth $100.

If you normally read me off a reader or other feed, you might want to visit my blog in person today and check out the mega huge announcement on the main page.

Starting this very minute and until noon (cst) May 28, 2009 you will earn points for every time you post these words:

The Apocalypse is closer than you think.
Buy TOUCH OF FIRE by Maria Zannini

Post this on ANY blog, forum, or social networking site such as MySpace or Facebook and earn one point. You will earn 3 extra points if you post it on Twitter. (Multiple postings on Twitter are allowed as long as it's on different days.) And you will earn a whopping 5 extra points if you post a review on any review site including Amazon, Barnes and Nobles, Borders, Shelfari, Goodreads, Red Room and any social networking site.

What do you get?

A super prize package worth $100. This includes a signed copy of Touch Of Fire, a $50 gift card to Amazon, and other goodies worth up to and maybe more than $35.

The thing I want you to take from this is that I need your help to get the word out. I'm no celebrity and I don't know a gazillion people, but I do know that Touch Of Fire is a great book and I need other people to know it exists.

This contest lasts nearly two months because I want this grassroots movement to build momentum. I promise you, it will be worth it!

Help me spread the word. Thanks!

PS Be sure to send me every link where you've posted the phrase and web link to this specific email address: countdown DOT apocalypse AT gmail.com

I've set it up exclusively for this contest so I don't miss anyone.

3 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Done, Maria. (or at least it will be later today!)

Good luck with your book sales.

catie said...

Hi Maria,

I won a copy of TOUCH OF FIRE during Barbara Vey's anniversary celebration link. I will definitely be posting about the contest on my blog. I would also love to post a review for T.O.F. as soon as I have time to sit down & read it. (I'm getting caught up on all my reviews tomorrow/over the weekend).

I promise to let you know when I've posted. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, guys! Keep 'em coming. It's very likely there might be surprise goodies too.

I'll post a picture of the prize package before I send it out.