https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Markets

If today is Monday, it must be time for Markets.

I'll be on the road all day today. We are still hauling stuff from one house to another. It's a good thing Greg is giving me a couple of years to get this done. I will need every single day--maybe more.

Ranch South, as I like to call it, is where Greg lives. I live in Obscuria North. We have to get the contents from Ranch South up to Obscuria before Greg retires.

:Shakes head:

I don't know if I'll make it. We have 35 years of stuff, and Greg doesn't want to part with any of it. I spent THREE days on one little room and didn't even make a dent.

Greg is the kind-hearted one in the family. Everything has sentimental value to him. I play the ogre and keep tossing things into the trash or the donation station.

I hate being mean, but I can't see storing all this stuff. There are tools, books, outdoor gear, gadgets, art and furniture that will never see the light of day. I'd rather they go to someone who will appreciate it and use it.

To be fair to Greg, we do have some very neat things, much of it still in mint condition. If we keep them any longer they will be bona fide antiques.

If I can get enough rooms cleaned by September, maybe I'll throw a big garage sale. We'll probably be going up to Chicago in October so the cash will come in handy.

Okay...got that off my chest. On to markets. Since I've been in a dog frame of mind lately, I thought this one was apropos.

***

Dogs and the Women Who Love Them True Story Contest

The Angel Animals Network (AAN) is accepting story submissions about dogs and the women who love them. The stories should demonstrate the benefits for a woman who fulfills a life purpose by partnering with a dog to perform extraordinary physical, emotional, or spiritual service.

Entry Fee: None

Deadline: September 30, 2009.

Grand Prize: $250

2 comments:

Kaye Manro said...

What a good thing to write! Dogs and women together are wonderful subjects. I know a fantastic blind woman (she is a writer as well) who has great stories about her life with a helper dog. I'll pass this link on to her.

About all that stuff you have to move-- oh boy! I throw away stuff too. But if you can't, the yard sell sounds like a good idea.

Maria Zannini said...

I'm sure your friend has some great stories. And it sounds like something that would be perfect for her too.