https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, June 22, 2009

Markets

Star Dreck Anthology

***
Ed. note: No fan fiction, please!
***

Before we go any further, this is SATIRE*. This is PARODY*. This is SPOOFING*. These things are fully protected under American copyright law, with the benefit of Supreme Court decisions.

That being said...

I saw the new Star Trek movie, and I was depressed. It was quite a paradox, because I actually had a blast watching this engaging, exciting, exhilarating, fun film. But as I let it all sink in the rest of the day, I realized I actually hated it. I won't belabor why here; either you agree with me or you don't. If you do, then this anthology is for you.

Paramount Pictures, in its endless quest for piles of money, have finally completed the utter destruction of Star Trek, a process at which I feel Rick Berman and Brannon Braga had already worked very hard for several years to achieve anyhow. As any Trekkie who has writing skills, my ego tells me I could have done a better job than Berman, Braga, and J.J. Abrams. My sixth sense tells me that talented Trekkies all over the world could do better writing SATIRES* and PARODIES* and SPOOFS*. So, I want to give them the chance.

Length: 3,000 to 12,000 words

Deadline: October 31, 2009

Click on the link above for more info.

***
Ed. note: I am so very, very tempted. LOL! I knew I wasn't the only Trekkie who thought the movie misfired a few thrusters.

4 comments:

Marshall Payne said...

Agreed, Maria!

I came out of the theater feeling so cheated I swore I'd never spent my time or money going to the cidema again. I liked the characters of the new Star Trek, but that was about it.

Sorry I won't be able to contribute to your "project," but the new Star Trek left such a bad taste in my mouth I don't even want to watch ANY Star Treks (old or new) let alone "write" one. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back in time and have never watched this movie.

Maria Zannini said...

Well, this isn't my project. It belongs to Epic Saga Publishing.
--I should have put that in there.

mea culpa.

I really liked the way they refreshed the characters, but the logic holes grated on me something awful.

Marshall Payne said...

I probably should've thrown a few *grins* in my comment too, but you know me pretty well by now, I think. ;-)

Maria Zannini said...

Yes, Marshall. :o)

And that's what troubles me. LOL