https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Prudent Penny Debut

Every Friday (more or less) I will post freebies, savings, or articles on frugal living. I subscribe to a lot of newsletters and websites that promote these freebies. I figure I might as well share what I find along the way.

I apologize now to my neighbors across the ocean because some links won't work for you since they are primarily meant for North America. But it doesn't hurt to tap on the links in case they do work for Europe or parts down under.

One tip before I go on: Most of these sites ask for an email address. I have not been inundated by one piece of spam, but to play it safe, I created a separate email box that I use specifically for all products I send for. It keeps my inbox cleaner and me more organized. Use Yahoo or gmail as an email host. They are free and easy to set up.

Here we go:

Coupon Book worth $30 for Febreeze, Cascade, Dawn, Mr. Clean and Swifter. I've gotten this coupon book before. It has some excellent coupons, especially if you find these products at the dollar store or on sale.

***

Free Sham-Wow Towels. Note: I had trouble getting into this site. Just keep trying and refreshing the page. It'll come up.

***

Free ARCs from Random House. (Literary)

***

Photographers...here's something you might like. Corel MediaOne Standard software. Free.

***

And the best for last...

Free Chocolate from Mars Candy. Every Friday from 9am (eastern) sign up for a coupon for a free bar of chocolate. This goes all through the September. But you can only sign up on Fridays after 9am.

4 comments:

Karlene said...

Wow! This is great. I've wanted a Sham Wow forever, but I'm too cheap to buy it--in case it's not as wowza as claimed.

Maria Zannini said...

Great! I felt exactly the same. I've seen the hawkers at the state fair demonstrating this product, but it was too pricey for my blood. We'll see how it works now that it's free.

Heather B. Moore said...

I think I'm going for the chocolate one.

Maria Zannini said...

*g* That's an excellent choice, madam.