https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm On The Radio!

Huzzah! I'm limping back to some level of normalcy. And what did I find when I finally got back online?

An interview --with me!

And not just any interview. A radio interview where you can actually hear my voice. (cue scary music)

KS Augustin was crazy enough to put me on her radio program, Radio Free Bliss and although she threatened to make me sound like Daffy Duck, Kaz behaved herself and substituted a voice that instead was very close to my own. [wipes brow] Phew! Dodged that bullet.

On this interview we talked about everything from books, early retirement, marriage, and even the lions I hear every evening. It was a blast!

Authors, I highly recommend contacting KS Augustin if you think you'd be good fodder for an interview. Her style is easy going and comfortable. Even though I was nervous and scared out of my wits, she was wonderful at making me feel at home.

Go take a listen and let me know what you think.

***

We'll resume regular programming next week when I've had a chance to catch my breath--and find the last of my software.

4 comments:

Jannette Johnson said...

That is so cool! And I have to ask, did you sound like you thought you did?

Maria Zannini said...

Due to the sound equipment, my voice on the radio is just a tiny bit lower than it is in real life. But I noticed my accent has evolved a bit since the last time I heard myself on a recorded medium. I guess I lost most of the 'Chicago' I started out with. LOL!

Marianne Arkins said...

I was a sweaty mess after my interview on Rowena Cherry's show... lol... And I was the only one without an accent. Rowena has her lovely British one, and Judy has a southern. I felt a little left out.

You gonna get yourself a southern one after a bit?

Maria Zannini said...

LOL. I've lived in the south more than 33 years. If it hasn't happened by now, I guess it won't happen now.

I had a dear British friend who lived in Texas more than 50 years and she sounded as if she'd just arrived. Sometimes you can't beat it out of us.