Stock Up On Calendars

Every year I am given free calendars by my bank, my employer, or specialty store. I usually kept the prettiest one out (most likely with dog pictures) and put the rest in a drawer.

But this year I've decided to put the others to use.

2010 calendars are beginning to make an appearance and I'm going to make specific ones do special duty.

One calendar will be used to monitor weather. While I might put major weather occurrences in my journal, quickly penciling in the temp and rain chances is a good reference for next year when you decide to sow, reap or plan for major events. If you discover that most of October was rainy in 2009, you'll try to plan around the rainy season for next year.

Another calendar is to remind me when I gave the dogs their heartworm and flea preventative. I generally try to do this at the beginning of the month, but in the past due to life's interruptions, meds were delivered later.

And I don't need to remind you ladies about charting your menses, either to get pregnant or avoid it. It's good practice even when you're on the pill since it gives you a barometer of your health.

One of my neighbors always kept a calendar with notes about impending doctor visits.

Put your calendars to work. And here's a freebie from Eukanuba. Go to their site and get a free 2010 calendar mailed to you. (the button is on the right side of the content box)

Do you use your calendars to record events?

Comments

Roni Loren said…
I love calendars. When I was a teenager, I used to have 3 or 4 at least on my wall. There was something about the ritual of changing them at the first of each month and having all new pictures for my wall.
Dru said…
I use to have several calendars in my place but then I would forget to record information, so now I'm down to one wall calender. I keep track of important dates and such in outlook.
Maria Zannini said…
Roni: Now that I'm a bit fussier about having nail holes on my walls, I opt for the desk or booklet calendar. But hubby can't stand not having a doggie calendar somewhere.

We even keep calendars from years past if the art/photo is exceptional.
Maria Zannini said…
Dru: I'm the same way about forgetting. For the really important stuff, I do keep a little daytimer kind of calendar in my purse.

You're right about Outlook. I set all my reminders using Outlook. It keeps me organized and hopefully, ahead of schedule.