https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Calling All Goodread-ers

Damselfly shamed me into setting up my profile at goodreads. Help! I am very nearly friendless out there. LOL!

Damselfly took pity on me, and friended me. After browsing her friend list, I did discover one other author I knew, but that was it.

I could have made it easy on myself. Goodreads like many other social networks is capable of scanning your email address book to find your friends on their site.

But...you knew there had to be a but. By now you know how paranoid I am when it comes to online societies. I don't want any outside source poking its nose through my address book. It is vast and it is private. I don't want to risk either receiving or passing any viruses.

This leaves me with manually typing in names, but I found out by accident that if my real friend didn't post his profile with his name as I know it, it doesn't recognize him.

If you are on goodreads and would like to rub noses, you can find me as Maria Zannini.

Of all the online book networks out there, I like goodreads the best. It was the easiest to navigate and it didn't seem intrusive or cutesy.

***
Homesteading news:

There was a setback on the greenhouse front. One end of the greenhouse is taller than the other end. The plastic sheeting we're using did not account for such an anomaly. Great chest beating and yowling ensued.

The saga continues.

8 comments:

Dru said...

Hi Maria,

I just goodread-friended you.

Maria Zannini said...

Got it, Dru. Thanks!

catie james said...

Heading over to GoodReads to friend you right now. :) So sorry about your greenhouse.

Maria Zannini said...

Found you! Thanks!

Ref: greenhouse
We're going to fudge and use sheet metal to cover the edge where we're short. Time will tell if it works.

Kaz Augustin said...

Okay, I'm on and friended you as well. But, good grief, what a time pit!!!!111 Not sure whether to thank you or not for this post, M!

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh man.. so funny! I just this morning broke down and joined GoodReads!!! ROFL...

I'll be your friend if I can figure out how.

Maria Zannini said...

Hi Kaz,

Well, yes and no on the time suck. I found several of the reviews rather interesting. There are a few troglodytes who can only view things from the tiny prism in their brains, but there are also very thoughtful people who give value to reviews.

I also found On Fiction Writing through Mike Keyton and that group had some good discussions too. It might be worth investigating.

But in case you do find it a time suck...I'm glad we have several oceans between us. LOL!

Maria Zannini said...

Marianne, I found you and sent you an invite.

I'm still trying to figure out how to link my blog to the feed there. If you figure it out, let me know.