https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Ditto House

Is it too soon to post Christmas photos?


I don't know who snapped this photo, but if it's you, I'd be glad to give you attribution. I did hunt down the story for the Ditto House.

Apparently, Dave Nosek decided if he can't beat them, he'll concede gracefully. Nosek's neighbor always puts out a brilliant light show every Christmas. Rather than compete, he simply points drive-bys to the house next door. For the full story go here.

My neighbors are too far away to try anything like this. But I think the idea was brilliant!

Do you decorate the outside of your house? How would you describe your Christmas decorating style?

7 comments:

Dru said...

I'm live in a building complex and once tried to decorate the terrace railing but it failed in comparison to the others. My style is most likely minimalistic.

Have a great Monday.

Maria Zannini said...

I like things simple, but the husband revels in it. He's very Christmassy.

MeganRebekah said...

LOL I loved that! That's exactly how I feel this time of year. I'm never going to out do the neighbors, so I don't try.

Maria Zannini said...

My husband saw it first and sent it to me, saying he instantly thought of me. Uh--Gee thanks, hon.

Marianne Arkins said...

Oh man -- I LOVE IT.

And, no, we don't decorate. One day I strung popcorn and cranberries and put them on a tree outside. That was the sum total of my outdoor efforts.

Maria Zannini said...

At least the birds were happy. I like the "idea" of decorating, but not the actual work.

Anonymous said...

A colleague sent me this pic and I submitted on my local TV station's website for their Christmas Quest contest. If it wins then they will do a weather forecast from my house. Check it out at
http://www.khsltv.com/ugc/cat/Xmas_Quest_09/Mtq4Xpy820GPFI15CMh2Kg.aspx
Have to register to vote, I don't expect anybody to do that, just get a good chunkle out of it.