https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Talk To The Paw

If you hadn't already noticed, I'm leaving most of my Prudent Penny, Marketing and Writing posts for after the holidays. I don't like to talk shop over the holidays. I'm busy just like you and I prefer to read posts about fun stuff this time of year.

I am dog-sitting and Princess is a very high maintenance pooch. But she belongs to one of my best friends and I couldn't bear to see the little thing stuck in a kennel.

Tank and Iko are behaving themselves, but I have to remind Iko that our little dog-guest isn't a chew toy, even if she does squeak. Tank is the funny one though. Princess follows him around with these big cow eyes, while the Tankster plays hard-to get.

Iko, on the other hand would love nothing more than to play with her, yet she ignores him completely. Her puppy-love belongs to the big brawny guy with the attitude.

***
That Ditto-House post I did the other day got triple-digit hits for two days in a row. I noticed it was fourth from the top in the Google returns. Gotta love keywords.

***
Want an easy recipe to give as a gift? Here's my recipe for Rum Balls.

1 package (9 ounces) of vanilla wafers
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 cup rum
1/4 cup corn syrup
More powdered sugar (for coating)

Crush the wafers. Mix with sugar, pecans, and cocoa. Blend in bourbon and corn syrup. Shape (big) marble-size balls then coat with extra powdered sugar. Store for several days before serving.

Anybody have a special recipe they like to give away as gifts? I'd love to see them!

4 comments:

Marian said...

Can we see a picture of Princess? Preferably with the boys, for size comparisons? :)

Maria Zannini said...

I can usually find one of Princess with one or the other, but not both. I'll see if I can get one by this weekend.

Her Highness will have a special Christmas message for everyone on December 24th too.

catie james said...

OMG - that (the Tank-Princess-Iko love triangle) is the cutest/funniest thing I've ever read! Sounds worthy of it's own romantic short story...w/Iko getting the girl and a H.E.A. sequel for Tank, of course. :)

Maria Zannini said...

Catie, don't get me started. LOL. It would make for a cute story though.