https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery

Click on the image for more information.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Well, Duh!

That'll teach me for thinking too hard.

I kept wondering why I was the only one who was bothered by the transparent background that the copy sat on.

It turns out, I had the window set small and it pushed the copy over the lighter half of the graphic (hence making it hard to read).

I am notorious for keeping only small windows on my monitor.

The other thing I discovered is that a couple of people told me they had to click on the screen for the copy to show up. The only thing these two people had in common was that they were using Internet Explorer as their browser.

Does anyone have any suggestions for the layout? I adore the graphic, but it is more important that it's easy to read. I've got a couple of other templates that are a little more plain vanilla that I can try later.

If you get a chance this weekend, would you post a comment or email me to these questions: Were you able to see the posts and the graphics right away, or did you have to click on the screen? What browser are you using?

In a couple of months, I'll tell you the reason I changed the background and will make a couple of other changes you'll see soon.

I can't tell you now because it's just too... (sob) painful.

More to come.

9 comments:

Mike Keyton said...

It looks good, Maria, but it didn't load as fast and, apart from the dates of postings to the right, I stared at a black screen. I never thought of clicking on the screen as such, but when I clicked on 'March' to the right the post then came up. And yes, I use Internet explorere 8

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Mike. Good to know.

Jennifer Shirk said...

NO problems. And I love the new look!

Maria Zannini said...

Thanks, Jenn!

Dru said...

It worked fine on Firefox, but when I loaded it on IE8, it took a few minutes more to upload and then I had to hit refresh.

Maria Zannini said...

Definitely IE then. That browser gives me nothing but grief.

Thanks, Dru.

Marianne Arkins said...

I can see it, saw it immediately and I'm in IE8.

And now, I'm eaten alive by the mystery of it all...

Maria Zannini said...

I wonder if it has anything to do with version or the speed of the computer.

Thanks, Marianne.

Shelley Munro said...

Hi Maria,

I love the graphic, but I couldn't see your post until I clicked on the post link on your sidebar. I'm using IE7