What's Your Song?

Yesterday, while I was out and about, OUR song came on. And it reminded me of the story on how it became our song.

Greg and I were already married and we were watching a movie where the couple in love were serenading each other with
their song. And I turned to him and asked:

Hey! How come we don't have a song?


It just never occurred to us, but after this catastrophic realization it seemed imperative that we find one. We had to find that quintessential essence of musical dialog that described our wedded bliss.


So we listened to the radio for days afterward. tossing up contenders for the title.


Nada. Zilch. Zippo.


We needed a sappy love song that illustrated our marriage in a four minute warble. And then this song came on.


Typical.


Yes. We're silly people. But it does have Paul McCartney. Look how young he is. Just as young as we were. LOL.






What's your song? How did it come about?

Come on. Dish. If I can admit to the world that Silly Love Songs is our song, you can be brave too.

Comments

Sherri said…
Sad to say, hubby and I don't have one. I think part of it is that our musical tastes are different. I'm sappy enough that different songs will recall events in our lives but nothing I'd call "our sond" -- though we've both said more than once we should figure one out, LOL
Marianne Arkins said…
I suppose it would be our wedding song... "Me & You" by Kenny Chesney
Kaz Augustin said…
We were driving down Highway 1 from Mendocino to San Francisco after a, er, disagreement with the landlady from whom we were renting our honeymoon cabin. This song made us perk right up and has been Our Song ever since....

"El Matador" by Los Fabulosos Cadillacs (from the Grosse Pointe Blank soundtrack). And no, we don't understand Spanish! LOL
Maria Zannini said…
Sherrie, we were married over a year when we realized we didn't have a song.

We have other songs that reflect various parts of our relationship, but this was the one that it all.
Maria Zannini said…
Marianne: I like this song. I didn't realize it was that old. For some reason I thought it came out a few years ago.
Maria Zannini said…
Kaz,

That's a great sound! And when I listened to the words, I said, yup, that's Kaz's song. Very defiant. Looking for a freedom fighter song.
Shelley Munro said…
Hubby and I don't have a song either. LOL - it's probably because music is the one thing where our tastes are quite different!
Maria Zannini said…
I can understand that, Shelley.

Greg and I grew apart on music during the 80s, but we somehow grew back together again by the time we hit the 2000s.
Diandra said…
Guess the BF and I don't have a "special" song. For my sister and her husband, however, this discussion turned out rather unexpected... one day she complained about how they didn't have a "special" song, and her husband got fed up and said "The next song we hear will be our song." Well, and tehy ended up with "The Ketchup Song", really terrible (proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK5Rpxdvw6k *rofl*)

At least they found a really beautiful song for their little girl...
Maria Zannini said…
Diandra, that is hilarious! Now I wish the Ketchup song was our song.

I couldn't stop laughing. Thanks!