The engine to my SUV blew up. It was a complete shock, and we still don't know what happened. The dealer has it in their shop and now we are waiting to hear from them.
I should have known better than to believe the Service Department when they told me it would only be a week.
So now I am waiting to hear how much poorer I'll be and how much longer I'll have to muddle without a vehicle.
I've had plenty to keep me busy around here, but it also means I've been neglecting my chiropractor visits. It also means I haven't gotten out to buy the Prize for the Blog Shout Out contest.
I'm trying to think of things that are lightweight. The last time I mailed a prize out (to the Netherlands), it was stupendously expensive. This time, I want to plan ahead. There are plenty of lighter weight goodies that are tres cool, yet Texan.
Greg is coming back this weekend and I hope to buy a few items for the prize package then.
In other news, James Garcia awarded me the Versatile Blogger award. I'm supposed to name fifteen other bloggers noted for Versatility, but I had another idea. Anyone who reads this, chime in.
Post in the comments one random thing about yourself. And then carry the torch to your blog and list six more. The weirder the better. (I don't want to feel alone.)
As for seven random things about me, here goes:
- English is my second language.
- I haven't spoken my first language in so long, it takes me a couple of weeks of hearing it to converse intelligently again.
- My curiosity is greater than my fear of failure.
- The only thing I have ever failed to learn was how to swim. (I swim like a rock.)
- I love to laugh.
- I never met a dog I didn't like--their owners are sometimes a different matter.
- 1:26 was my fastest time at Mahjong. When I started writing, I gave it up cold turkey. I have never played since.
--something tells me this could be turned into a drinking game.